Skip to main content

ELT: 1 The role of English in India (Unit. 1)

   ◆English language Teaching:- 1◆


   ● Let's start with Vaidehi ma'am's task -link, 
https://vaidehi09.blogspot.com/2019/07/the-role-of-english-in-india-unit1-elt.html

  ● I will try to give this five questions answers,

(1) What is english language for me?



Ans. English language is like, equal to Treasure for me, because more and more I get and It becomes deeper and logical. People always like foreign language and It is English language. So, when I was in U.G. at that time I choose Compulsory with main english language. So, other students tell me, Why you choose only english? And my ama was , because I get knowledge, I want to understand and I want to teach other weak children and students. So, that's why I choose main subject as a english. And english language for me like imagine, "one word to another word's journey for me." Because, it was important in past, Now in present and also in future time. So, it's my own importance for english language.


   (2) What kind of challenges you are facing and have faced while learning this language?

 

 Ans. When I was in primary school at that time I have no ideas about what is english language and what are the importance of language? So, I face several types of problems during my journey primary school to under graduation. But, when I was in college; one of my class teacher J. P. Sir give me most knowledge and information about english language. When we were say that, sir it's difficult for is. Than sir was say that, " It is very easy to understand and not complicated but simple language. And I evinced my interest in this language. But, sometimes I feel my need is that type of atmosphere necessary for better understand. When fluent person speak something in very high speed at that time I tack some more time to understand concept of speech, and I have face while learning this language.


(3) Write in brief your understanding about any one essay?

  ☺️First essay; "Teaching English as a second language." by Kapil kapoor

Yes, of course in this essay Kapil kapoor is arguing and his view on the contemporary teaching style. we have our mothers language and second language. He says english is not second language but, third language, because, our second language is Hindi. So, he gives the term 'second language' is understand indifferent ways. Here, I see use of language through Modernization and Mythology.

◆ Mythology; Metaphor of the'Window.' 

1) English is language of knowledge,
             2) English is the language of  liberal modern things,
  3) English is the our window of world,
           4)  English is the library language & English is the language of reason.
 5) English as the link language.
6) English is the lingua - Franca.

I learned what is L1, L2 and L3 it's meaning given by Kapil Kapoor. It's my own understanding about the first essay in English language teaching.

(4)  According to you which position English language should be given? 

Ans. I want to give good position because, english is very important for me. And not because it's my choice but, because it's our day to day require. For example, Medicines labels are not in gujrati and in hindi language, but, English language. So, it's every day use for people. That's why english language is more important rather than other languages. It's my point of view, for english language.

(5)  How you see your future with english language?

Ans. I see my future with english language on good position in the field of teaching. I try to give my best and I want to be a best teacher in future. So, it's my opinions about this questions.

                    ☺️Thank you so much!☺️






Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Then and now: Colonialism, Imperialism and Post colonialism

      ✍️Ania Loomba's Colonialism and Post colonialism:- ◆Here I give you some basic information about colonialism, imperialism and post- colonialism. Let's see first about COLONIALISM.  ◆This picture is speak some deep relation with colonialism,  because it's related to Literature, economics, politics, culture etc. According to dictionary ;    ● This period has been characterised by a resurgence of imperialist were and outright colonialism. ● And one way I think, It means political and economically dominance exercised by the capitalistic status.  ° For example, Europe; Great Britain, France, Germany, Italy, Belgium, Holland, Spain,Portugal, and Russia. ° U.S. ° Japan  ◆ Mainly over all Africa, Oceania a large part of Asia and North America, Colonial expansion/ aggrandizement during 1850 to 1914. ◆ Reasons:-  °  Political, Cultural,  Economical, Ideological, Demographic, Social, Classism and Civilization are more powerful reasons accordin

Metaphysical poetry

                                 Metaphysical poetry Introduction:-                    '' Jacobean poetry poetry really comes into it's own with the 'METAPHYSICAL' and JOHN DONE .''                                           Features of Metaphysical poetry;             1) Uses every day speech.                  2) unusal logic and imagies which were exaggerated and not always easy to understend.             3) The Metaphors were stronge and artificial, and were called 'conceits'.                   4) A mixture of wit and seriousness.                   5)A poetry of both great religious fevour and human love / sensuality, often combining the two in the same poem (Donn's poem are example.)                  6)The use of irony and paradox, which makes it difficult to decide whether the poet is being serious or casual.                                                     This video is about Metaphysical poetry: The

Bring out the elements of transcendentalism and anti-transcendentalism from The Scarlet Letter.

    ◆Bring out the elements of transcendentalism and anti-transcendentalism from The Scarlet Letter.   Hello, friends today I would like to share information about the 'Transcendentalism and Anti - Transcendentalism. So, this discussion will be very interesting for us. So let's start... ◆ Meaning of Transcendentalism ?        Transcendentalism An idealistic philosophical and social movement which developed in New England around 1836 in reaction to rationalism. Influenced by romanticism, Platonism, and Kantian philosophy, it taught that divinity pervades all nature and humanity, and its members held progressive views on feminism and communal living. Ralph Waldo Emerson and Henry David Thoreau were central figures.  ◆Meaning of Anti-Transcendentalism?    " Anti-Transcendentalism was an opposition movement to the Transcendentalist." The Transcendentalist were writers who supported the beauty of Nature, the kindness of Humans and a distrust in gove